The Art of Simple Living

This post has been sitting in my drafts for some time because I couldn't organize my thoughts into a cohesive blog post. For some time, I've been interested in the minimalism movement and simple living. Now I get that some people might roll their eyes because a lot of people who practice this lifestyle don't seem so "minimal" but I think the name is a misnomer. Minimalism isn't about owning a set number of possessions or having bare walls and minimal furnishing. It's not about giving up what you value so that you can live a deprived lifestyle, in fact, minimalism is about redirecting your most precious resources (time, attention and money) to the things and people you value the most.  It's about living with intention and living life according to what you think is the most important.  For the majority of my life, I had been complicating things too much and now I finally realize that the best things are in the simple things. Many memorable moments are the ones that don't stand out in the moment but linger indefinitely in your mind. Last year, I managed to substantially decrease my physical clutter but I piled up on mental clutter. This year's goal is to declutter my mind and release my grasp on all these goals floating in my head. The best way to declutter your brain is to spend some quality time with quality friends.  




No comments:

Post a Comment