Surf's Up


Montreal is a city of change: new shops open and close at the pace of the seasons. One of my favourite ways to discover a new cafe in town is to scroll through my Instagram feed. That's how I found out about September Surf Cafe in the Little Burgundy. Last year, there was an experimental co-working space in this location. I remember visiting with Adri and thinking that their big bright windows and high ceilings would be perfect for a minimalistic cafe. Clearly, we weren't the only ones with that idea :P

Sunday is study day for Frog and I so we decided to see if September is study-proof. We got to the cafe little bit before noon and grabbed a seat at their big wooden communal table. There were various stools scattered along the sides of the cafe and a wall full of surf shirts and knick knacks. Along one window, there were wooden benches where you could sip your macchiato while soaking up much-needed sunlight. The baristas were friendly and everyone who entered seemed to be in a great mood. There were many people inside the cafe but I decided that I could not leave empty handed and snapped away! Needless to say, I did not get a lot of studying done. It was finally starting to feel like Spring in Montreal so we decided to walk around the neighbourhood and grab some donuts to top off our morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment