Under a green canopy


Two weekends ago, I met up with some friends whom I haven't seen in a long time: Shuyun and Amanda at Cafe Santropol.  It's always like that, you swear that you will grab some some drinks in the near future but then life steps in and throws homework, overtime at work, relationship problems, trips, family obligations and before you know it, half a year has passed by!  It was really nice meeting up with them and we exchanged our stories of love, disappointment and hopes for the future while gobbing down healthy vegetarian food. Our conversations made me think a lot about personal growth. Both Shuyun and Amanda are undertaking responsibilities that challenge their critical thinking, people skills and time management. I felt a little left behind because I had gotten quite comfortable at work. Often times, we have a general idea of who we are, what we like and we don't really step out of our boundaries. But it is by stepping outside these borders that you are able to discover what makes your heart sing or what you absolutely hate. I, myself am a creature of comfort. I love the comfort of certainty but I am also aware that nothing in life is guaranteed. As such, I made a silent oath to myself that I shall try to be braver and take more initiative. Thank you for the inspiration girls :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment