When the fog clears...


Last weekend, a thick fog settled upon the city. I thought it would be really cool to get a picture on top of Mont-Royal of the faded skyline so I carried my lazy bum all the way up the mountain. It turns out, I couldn't see anything! Disappointed, I hiked back down. 

Now that I look back at these pictures, I think they're quite cool. I think they reflect my current mood... a fog of questions. Earlier this week, I found out that one of my coworkers passed away suddenly. She was only 26 years old and sat two cubicles beside me. I didn't know her personally but people said she was a joyful person who was always in a good mood.  My heart hurt for her and her family. I kept wondering: "Did she live the life she wanted to live?" "What kind of dreams and aspirations did she have for the future?" "What regrets did she leave behind?" all of them left unanswered.

Those questions were then directed to myself: "Am I living the life I want right now?" Or am I postponing my happiness for a future when-I-get-insert-blank? It's a simple question but one that I cannot answer. I'm still in the fog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment