One Sided Love Story

Happy Valentine's Day (or Singles Awareness Day) everyone! I didn't have time to shoot anything this week because of my exams but last week, my friend Carmen asked me to help her shoot a couple of photos for her portfolio that I think fits the V-day theme quite well. We improvised our concept the day before and I was excited and nervous at the same time. Unrequited love is something everyone goes through and it makes you feel like the loneliest person in the world. We tried to capture that essence from both perspectives: the love that's starting to bloom and the love that is yearning. I love shooting "love" even if it's the fake kind. 

We went back to the Westmount greenhouse because it's warmer than shooting outside (it was -15C and snowing heavily that day). 


Here are some behind-the-scenes photos: 


I recently opened a Flickr account so that I can share higher resolution photos: CLICK HERE

Becoming better at photography was a lovely side-product of blogging. I didn't think that I would enjoy it so much and that's the funny thing about life, sometimes you do something insignificant but it leads you to something significant. That's why we gotta keep our minds open to new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment