Sweet Like Sophie


Yesterday was bitingly cold brrrr. So it only made sense for Lily and I to stuff ourselves with cake and gain a few pounds of padding to protect us from the cold! We decided to go to an adorable cake shop called Sophie Sucrée. They specialize in gluten-free and vegan treats, fair trade products and designer cakes. According to their website, Sophie Sucrée aims to satisfy a wide variety of people with healthy and beautiful options and I think they've accomplished that! The shop was so cute and the saleslady was a total sweetheart! No pressure and all smiles at Lily and I hogging the place with our cameras :-P

Somehow all the pictures turned out really pink but I think it's my white balance that was off ^__^;;

We were told by the nice saleslady that Sophie is actually the grandmother that inspired this shop. She was a total badass and there's a picture of her among the cakes that made me giggle. I can already imagine a badass grandma whipping some eggs white at the speed of light, threatening you to eat those cakes! You can't oppose that can you?

This almond cake is heavenly! I'm not sure if it was gluten-free or vegan but it sure as heck tasted good and that's all that counts in my mouth!


I'm the worst baker in the world, something about those precise measurements and conversion units gives me a total headache. So... I'll just lick that spoon or whisk while my friends bake :-)

You can't miss out on this shop, it's right next to a pink bear that's devouring a huge tiered cake! It sure makes your head turn =)

Sun-Tues-Wed: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Monday: --------Closed------------
Thurs-Fri: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment