Simple Tricks of the Trade

A few weeks ago, I was googling some functions on my DSLR camera when I miraculously found a really awesome trick. I'm not the type of girl who likes to read instruction manuals and I typically learn by doing but I wish that I had know this earlier, it sure would've saved me a lot of time! So for all you that have a DSLR but find that your pictures are too flat and sad, here's a trick for you:

(All pictures are straight out of the camera)

As you can see, the picture on the left is grey and washed out whereas the picture on the right is very saturated. How do you do that? Click on the menu button and you'll see this on your screen:


In picture style, you click on user defined and click on info in order to adjust the details such as sharpness, contrast, saturation and color tone. Play with the levels as much as you want to obtain a desired combination.

Here's an example of before I adjusted the picture style: 

This was shot weeks ago, on a very depressing and gloomy day. The picture style was set on faithful. 

After I adjusted the picture to user defined, the picture turned out to be much more vibrant. Monkey's face looks a bit too red but I set the setting to allow you guys to see the contrast. 


I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial. This is for the lazy people that don't want to bother post processing sometimes (I'm in that boat). 

HAVE A GOOD WEEK! I'll be posting very irregularly starting now because it's the end of the semester. Good luck to everyone on their finals! WE CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment