Playing with trends


As a fashion enthusiast, you can never escape trends entirely. Often, we fall victim of trends no matter how badly we want to think that our style is unique. Whenever I look at my old pictures, only one thought crosses my mind: "WTF was I wearing?"
But, I think that is actually what makes fashion fun, the fact that it is never static.

One of the biggest trends this summer is the high-low skirt. I wasn't planning on buying one but why do those Zipia models make everything look so gorgeous D:?


Top: Forever21
Skirt: Zipia
Sandals: Korea
Bag: birthday gift from Monkey

I had bought this Zipia skirt months ago but I never wore it because I didn't really like the color :X I expected it to be sky blue-ish. It wasn't until I received a beautiful lilac necklace for my birthday that I got inspired to wear it. Green and purple compliment each other well.


I would've liked to wear a lace bustier with the ensemble but I worked with what I had in my wardrobe (remember: challenge part 2!)


It's actually pretty fun to wear a high-low skirt, I'm not self conscious that the wind is gonna blow my skirt and give out a free show =P
The gorgeous pictures are by Miss Adri! Here's a preview of her outfit:


She didn't allow me to post the scandalous picture of her jumping from the fountain exposing her upper thighs ;D If you wanna see some legs, go visit her blog to see what she was wearing :)


Speaking of fountains, they recently renovated Complexe Desjardins' fountain. It's so pretty, rows of giant colorful water drops move up and down the ceiling! They move really down and I kept scaring Adrienne by asking her stupid questions like: WHAT DO WE DO IF ONE OF THE DROPS FALLS ON ONE OF US?



Oh hey look a panda!


I wanted to take an OOTD among the chess pieces when I passed by it before. When we walked past it again, people were playing a game.

Trying to ruin their game >:P -evil panda-


A close up of my necklace : ) Just noticed that it looks like the floating drops at Complexe Desjardins =D


Adrienne and I wanted to go to the museum of fine arts but the free exhibitions were closed : P HEHE we're cheapos! So instead we went window shopping. We stopped at Omer Deserres and she drew a panda and a monkey on a piece of paper =P It's so funny how she drew the monkey with fat lips(tick)!


I bought some water color paper at Omer Deserres for a lil project I have in mind. But not only that, I actually failed the second part of my challenge (yes, RIGHT AFTER I make a big serious post about my crazy shopping habit *SLAPS SELF*).

Adrienne was supposed to be the voice of reason, and she gave me all the pros and cons of why I should and should not buy it. In the end, she was more leaning towards BUY IT!
Here's a preview of what I bought :


Stay tuned to find out how imma pair this : ]


I'm continuing the challenge but with a time limit this time (1 month of nadaaaaa)! If I fail then Captain Adri is gonna make me walk the plank!!!

4 comments:

  1. cute outfit. love the skirt, such of lovely shade/color ~

    xVisa
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^___^, I love summer here in MTL because I get to wear all these beautiful colors before I have to store them away for MONTHS of coldness : C

      Delete
  2. the shirt you bought looks really lovely! great photos, the outfit is really elegant! i love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you enjoy my content! HEHEHE Nobody has ever used the word elegant to describe my style so I'm happy you think that way :D

      Delete