Blooming into 28!


Holy crap, I just celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday, surrounded by my dearest friends. The years fly by too quickly! I feel like one of those Russian nesting dolls: I'm 28 but I'm also the 23-year-old Lena and the 17-year-old Lena and the 10-year-old Lena, all stacked into one 28-year-old giant Babushka doll. Five years ago, I graduated from uni with so much uncertainty, anxiety and fear in my heart. It was the first time where I had to take full responsibility for the choices in my life and I felt swallowed by my indecision in all areas of my life.  For a long time, I blamed my upbringing, my circumstances, my relationships but in the end, I'm accountable for myself.  Fast forward 5 years (after lots of winding roads and hard knocks by the school of life), I'm fully content and peaceful in this moment. The same problems are still here but they feel lighter. Despite the occasional bump on the road, I think that each year gets better and better. So I want to embrace 28 with a warm hug and wish for a year of growth and intentionality :)

PS: My blog is still alive and kicking. I've got SO MANY pictures to share with you. But first, lemme get through wedding season :P

No comments:

Post a Comment