Jess + Shelton + Baby


When my friend Jess announced to me that Shelton and her are expecting a baby, I let out a hearty squeal! 
Jess: the daredevil thrill-seeker, world explorer, internationally-educated Cordon Bleu chef, the eternal prankster and the girl with the dragon back tattoo (for real, she has one!) is settling into motherhood! I was super happy for her and Shelton and a bit surprised because I always envisioned Jess as an adventurous gal that has an appetite for thrill. Perhaps a bit naive of me to assume this false dichotomy since I acknowledge that motherhood is a different type of adventure. Jess told me that she didn't think of herself as a motherly type either prior to getting pregnant but sometimes life brings you a pleasant surprise. It made me reflect a lot: "How can we know we don't want something if we haven't experienced it? Sure, we can imagine how an experience might turn out most of the time but sometimes you might just surprise yourself". Jess told me that Shelton didn't like to take pictures but when we met up, he brought a pumpkin as a prop because he was researching maternity photoshoots! HAHA guys always say they don't like pictures but then they turn out to be more enthusiastic than the girl.  I just love shooting these two: how gorgeous are they?! Please look forward to pictures of their mocha-colored baby in the near future :) 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment