The Perfect Match


At the beginning of August, Pop & Confetti asked me if I'd be interested in shooting a small and rustic-style wedding ceremony. I jumped with joy and exclaimed YESSSS because small and rustic is my favourite type of wedding flavour. P&C smoothly introduced me to Allison Smith, owner of BébéKoala, a customized art service for children and adults. My jaw practically fell off while browsing through her website because she is such a talented artist! Seriously guys, you have to check her site out! I knew immediately that we'd hit it off because her style was natural, soft yet colorful. Allison was so easy to work with because she trusted my vision so we brainstormed giddily together for the types of images we wanted create and counted down each day with lots of excitement! I asked Allison how she met Allen and I was surprised to find that they met online: on match.com. She confided that by the time she was ready to settle down with, she knew what she was looking for and online dating is the most straightforward way to proceed. Their love blossomed quickly and soon, they welcomed a sweet little daughter Shaine into the world :)

The wedding took place at Auberge Willow (they are now closed for business, so sad TT__TT), a charming historic inn set along the Lac des Deux Montagnes. We weather was absolutely perfect; crisp like an early autumn day with scattered clouds and a mellow sun. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Allison and Allen tied the knot in an outdoor ceremony surrounded by a small group of close friends and family. There was just so much love and tenderness in the air. Although I was only asked to photograph the ceremony, I couldn't stop myself from stealing some snaps of the reception area. I loved how they incorporated hand-made details in every little corner. Allison designed the center piece cards and Allen helped attach the cards to the cork stands. They named each location after a place that's dear to their heart. So without further ado, I will let the images speak for themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment