Meet me at the Ping Pong Club


I spent the most satisfyingly lazy weekend bumming around, the best kind of weekend! 
No lazy weekend is complete without Sunday brunch so Miss Adri and I decided to visit a new restaurant called the Ping Pong Club. We were pleasantly surprised by how spacious and empty this place was at peak brunch time. Say what? No need to line up in -20C weather for 20 minutes? I'm sold! Their food reminded us of the type of fare you'd find at Suwu. Miss Adri got a delicious sweet & spicy baked bean dish while I had a potato pie with poached egg and mushrooms. Both choices were yummy but Miss Adri's baked beans hit the spot just right because of its heartiness. The perfect cure for the winter blues. Ping Pong Club describes itself as a social club/beer garden and they had a variety of alcohol on display. The atmosphere was pretty laid back during the day but I'm sure this place turns up at night. 

The prices were pretty reasonable in my opinion (they include the taxes in their prices, all restaurants should do that).  I would definitely go back and try some other items on their menu. Maybe we can even play a match of table tennis next time ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment